Tips To Get Sandal Worthy Feet for Summer
The summer is the time for all types of comfortable shoes including sandals, flip flops and beach shoes. It is also the time for more open dress shoes and going barefoot, so it is important to have your feet in top shape.
There are some simple home tricks and remedies you can use to give yourself smooth, baby soft skin on your feet and get rid of embarrassing cracking, dead or dry skin and awful looking thick skin on your heels, toes and the bottoms of your feet. If you are experiencing foot problems make your appointment now as this can be a symptom of other serious health conditions.
For dry, cracked or peeling skin consider the following:
- The foot has no oil glands in the skin to produce natural moisture for the skin so it is important to use a good quality moisturizing lotion that is alcohol-free on a regular basis. Baby lotion is one of the best options.
- Try soaking your feet in lemon juice, just a small amount in a shallow dish will do. Soak for about 10 minutes and then gently rub with a scrub brush or a sponge to remove the dead skin. Rinse well and follow up with a foot moisturizer or baby lotion.
- Try a week without any perfumed products in the shower or the bath. The perfume and chemicals in these body soaps and shampoos can really dry out your feet.
- Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with two to five drops of lavender oil. Shake well and apply to the feet before bed and in the morning.
- Mash up one very ripe banana, the riper the better, until it is a smooth paste. Wash your feet with warm water and rub the mashed banana on your feet, allowing it to sit for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water then cool water and pat dry. Repeat nightly until feet are smooth and soft.
- Mix a quarter of a cup of rice flour with one to two tablespoons of honey and the one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Stir into a thick paste and drizzle enough olive oil to make it spreadable. Massage into clean, dry feet for up to 10 minutes in a gentle, circular motion. When finished rinse with warm water followed by a cool rinse and pat dry.
Finally, one of the most essential parts of keeping your feet smooth and soft is to stay hydrated. Try to drink one ounce of water per day per pound of body weight or at least 8 full glasses.
For more information on all your foot health questions you can visit Dr Weinert’s website at www.stopfeetpainfast.com Dr Weinert is also a published author of “Stop Feet Pain Fast – A User’s Guide to Foot & Ankle Health” and be sure to request a FREE copy of his book while on his website. You can also listen to Dr Weinerts weekly radio show called Happy Feet Radio on iTunes which discusses foot health and wellness at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/doc-weinert/id881857347 . You can also listen and download previous episodes of Happy Feet Radio and learn more about Dr Weinert by visiting www.docweinert.com